Study Questions for Romans Life StudyJanuary 20, 2017 | Posted by in Uncategorized
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 |
11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 |
21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 |
31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 |
41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 |
51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |
61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 |
Message One A FOREWORD
- How does the position of Romans relate to the entire Bible being the romance of a universal couple?
- What are the eight sections of the book of Romans?
Message Two THE GOSPEL OF GOD
- What distinguishes the gospel of God in Romans from the four gospels?
- How does Christ’s designation in Romans chapter one point us to the goal of the book?
Message Three THE SOURCE OF WICKEDNESS AND THE WAY OF RESTRICTION
- What are the four elements of the source of the wickedness?
- What is God’s way of restriction for the evil and wickedness of fallen mankind?
Message Four THE VANITY OF RELIGION AND THE TOTALITY OF HOPELESSNESS
- God’s condemnation on the religious points us to what six aspects of the vanity of religion?
- From the four aspects of God’s condemnation what four things can we see?
Message Five JUSTIFICATION IN GOD’S WAY
- What is the meaning and basis of our justification by faith?
- How do propitiation and reconciliation relate to Christ’s redemption?
Message Six THE EXAMPLE OF JUSTIFICATION
- According to the example of justification with Abraham, how is our experience similar to his?
- What does it mean to believe in the God “who calls things not being as being and gives life to the dead?”
Message Seven THE SUBJECTIVE EXPERIENCE OF JUSTIFICATION (1)
- How does our subjective experience of justification involve God’s transfusion of Himself into us?
- What is the purpose and issue of justification?
Message Eight THE SUBJECTIVE EXPERIENCE OF JUSTIFICATION (2)
- How does the transfusion of God result in faith?
- How does the transfusion of God apply in our experience as believers?
Message Nine THE RESULT OF JUSTIFICATION – THE FULL ENJOYMENT OF GOD IN CHRIST
- What are five wonderful items that result from our being justified by God?
- How does “standing in grace” and “peace toward God” apply to our daily Christian experience?
Message Ten THE GIFT IN CHRIST SURPASSING THE HERITAGE IN ADAM
- What are the two men, two acts, two results and four reigning things in Romans 5?
- How can we reign in life by receiving the abundance of grace?
Message Eleven IDENTIFICATION WITH CHRIST
- How does baptism identify us with Christ in His death and resurrection?
- Use verse references to explain how we may know that our old man has been crucified with Christ and how we reckon ourselves dead to sin?
Message Twelve THE BONDAGE OF THE LAW IN OUR FLESH (1)
- What is the significance of the two husbands in Romans 7?
- What is the original position of man? What is his fallen position? And what is the regenerated man’s position?
Message Thirteen THE BONDAGE OF THE LAW IN OUR FLESH (2)
- What are the three laws in Romans 7 and how do they function in regard to one another?
- Why do so many Christians experience the conflict caused by these three laws after they are saved?
Message Fourteen THE FREEDON OF THE SPIRIT IN OUR SPIRIT (1)
- What does it mean to be saved, reign, walk, and be sanctified in life, and how can we do this?
- Show how God is revealed progressively in the book of Romans in chapters 1 through 8.
Message Fifteen THE FREEDOM OF THE SPIRIT IN OUR SPIRIT (2)
- What are the remedies for the two kinds of condemnation mentioned in Romans?
- According Romans 8:1-6, how do you experience being saved from the condemnation mentioned in verse 1, and where must you be?
Message Sixteen THE FREEDOM OF THE SPIRIT IN OUR SPIRIT (3)
- What three synonymous terms in Romans 8 prove that Christ is the indwelling Spirit?
- How can we cooperate with the indwelling of Christ, the Spirit?
Message Seventeen SANCTIFICATION IN LIFE
- How do the three stages of God’s salvation take care of the three parts of our being?
- What is God’s purpose in dispositional sanctification?
Message Eighteen HEIRS OF GLORY (1)
- What does is mean that we have received a spirit of sonship?
- How may we experience the leading of the Spirit in our daily life?
Message Nineteen HEIRS OF GLORY (2)
- What is the firstfruit of the Spirit and how does it bring us toward full sonship?
- What does it mean that the helping of the Spirit is “in like manner?”
Message Twenty HEIRS OF GLORY (3)
- What is God’s purpose in conforming us to the image His Firstborn Son?
- What is the purpose of the Spirit’s inward working?
Message 21 HEIRS OF GLORY (4)
- The working together of “all things” in our environment, especially the negative things, results in the “the good.” What is this “good?” How should this be a comfort to us?
- How do we see the sections of Romans composed according to the attributes of God?
Message 22 GOD’S SELECTION, OUR DESTINY (1)
- According to what, that is, on what basis did God select us?
- What is the difference between God’s mercy and God’s grace? And why must we say that our salvation is of God’s mercy?
Message 23 GOD’S SELECTION, OUR DESTINY (2)
- How does Paul show us that Christ has been processed so that He is so available for us to receive?
- Illustrate from various passages how the Bible reveals that we may partake of and enjoy the Lord by calling on the Lord?
Message 24 GOD’S ECONOMY IN HIS SELECTION
- How does Paul use the lump of dough and olive tree to illustrate God’s economy in His selection?
- How did Israel’s stumbling result in the nation’s salvation?
Message 25 TRANSFORMATION IN PRACTICING THE BODY LIFE (1)
- What is the meaning of transformation in Romans 12?
- Transformation is the life-practice of salvation. How can we practice this transformation in the Body life?
Message 26 TRANSFORMATION IN PRACTICING THE BODY LIFE (2)
- What does it mean that the gifts in Romans 12 are according to the grace given to us?
- What are the seven gifts in Romans 12 and how do they relate to the practice of the Body life in the local churches?
Message 27 TRANSFORMATION IN PRACTICING THE BODY LIFE (3) TRANSFORMATION IN SUBJECTION, LOVE, AND WARFARE
- How should we deal with the three parts of our being for the proper practice of the Body life?
- List the aspects or characteristics of our transformation in living of a normal life toward others, toward God and toward ourselves.
Message 28 TRANSFORMATION IN RECEIVING THE BELIEVERS (1)
- We must receive the saints according to what four aspects of God’s receiving?
- What does it mean to receive the saints in light of the judgment seat?
Message 29 TRANSFORMATION IN RECEIVING THE BELIEVERS (2)
- Romans 14:17 reveals that the church is the kingdom of God in this age. From what angle is the church the kingdom of God? What must our kingdom exercise be toward ourselves, others and God?
- Our being transformed in receiving the believers according to Christ is expressed in what ways?
Message 30 THE CONSUMMATION OF THE GOSPEL
- What five aspects of the church life are revealed in Romans 16 as the consummation of the gospel of God in Romans?
- Paul’s concluding praise refers to the revelation of the mystery that has now been manifested. How is the manifestation of this mystery the ultimate consummation of the full gospel of God in Romans?
Message 31 A CLOSING WORD
- How is God revealed progressively throughout the book of Romans?
- What was Apostle Paul’s view of the consummation of God’s work, and how does it practically apply to us?
Message 32 THE BASIC CONCEPT OF ROMANS
- Describe the basic thought of the book of Romans and its three major sections.
- In the first section of Romans, what is exposed and what is God doing about it?
Message 33 THE BASIC POINTS IN CHAPTERS FIVE THROUGH EIGHT
- Describe the first fact and first experience revealed in Romans 5 through 8.
- Describe the second fact and second experience revealed in Romans 5 through 8.
Message 34 BEING FREED FROM SIN, THE LAW, AND THE FLESH
- What are the four stations in the book of Romans and what kind of Christian is at each station?
- In Romans 5 through 8, what does God do to make sons out of sinners to form the Body of Christ?
Message 35 BEING FREED FROM DEATH (1)
- How are we freed from sin, the law, the flesh?
- What is “this death” in Romans 7:24 and its working?
Message 36 BEING FREED FROM DEATH (2)
- What are the signs and effects of death?
- What is the way to be freed from death?
Message 37 LAW IN ROMANS SEVEN AND EIGHT
- How can we relate the three persons, three lives, and three laws?
- What is “another law” in Romans 7:21 and how do we avoid activating it?
Message 38 LIFE AND DEATH IN ROMANS FIVE THROUGH EIGHT
- What are the line of life and line of death, and how can they be seen in Romans 5 through 8?
- How can we practically care for life in our spirit?
Message 39 ABIDING IN CHRIST BY MINDING THE SPIRIT
- What are the three questions concerning abiding in Christ and what are the three answers found in Romans 8?
- Why do we need to abide in Christ and what should we do once we see this need?
Message 40 SAVED IN LIFE FROM SIN AND WORLDLINESS
- What is the first major item the life of Christ saves us from? How are we saved?
- What process saves us from worldliness? Why do we need to be saved?
Message 41 SAVED IN LIFE FROM NATURALNESS
- Define transformation and describe what transformation saves us from.
- Describe the process and the goal of transformation.
Message 42 SAVED IN LIFE FROM INDIVIDUALISM
- What is the greatest hindrance to building up of the Body of Christ? How do we cooperate with Christ’s saving life for the building up?
- Describe how Christ saves us from our individualism.
Message 43 SAVED IN LIFE FROM DIVISIVENESS
- What element within us keeps us from receiving all the brothers and sisters? Why is this problem worse than those mentioned previously?
- How can we practically be saved from divisiveness?
Message 44 SAVED IN LIFE FROM SELF-LIKENESS (1)
- What does it mean to be saved from self-likeness and how does Christ’s life save us?
- Describe God’s two-fold working for the goal of our glorification.
Message 45 SAVED IN LIFE FROM SELF-LIKENESS (2)
- Compare and contrast Christ’s designation as the Son of God with our being saved in Christ’s life to be God’s many sons.
- How does Hebrews describe Christ and how is this related to our glorification?
Message 46 REIGNING IN LIFE BY GRACE
- Describe the relationship between grace and reigning in life.
- What three major enemies do we reign over and how do we experience reigning in life?
Message 47 THE MEANING OF REIGNING IN LIFE
- What is the proper understanding of reigning in life? And what do we need in order to reign in life?
- What is the real, genuine oneness? How is reigning in life related to this oneness?
Message 48 REIGNING IN LIFE OVER DEATH
- What is the sense of death? And how must we deal with such spiritual death?
- How can we reign in life over death in our daily life?
Message 49 REIGNING IN LIFE OVER SATAN
- What are two important matters of the way to overcome Satan?
- What should we practice in order to apply these important matters which overcome Satan?
Message 50 THE FLESH AND THE SPIRIT
- What is the flesh and what is our fundamental problem?
- Why does the Lord leave the flesh with us and how does He use our failures in the flesh?
Message 51 SERVING IN THE GOSPEL OF HIS SON
- In Romans 1:2, Paul says that the gospel was “promised before through His prophets in the holy scriptures. What are some of these crucial elements of the gospel found in the book of Genesis?
- What is central point and goal of the gospel? What then should be our aim in preaching the gospel?
Message 52 DESIGNATION
- According to Romans 1:3-4, how did Christ become the model for producing many sons? How do we become His mass reproduction?
- What are four aspects of the process of resurrection and what will be the result of our experiencing them?
Message 53 SONSHIP IN ROMANS
- Why are the first four verses of Romans (1:1-4) so extremely important? How do they relate to God’s eternal goal for the sonship?
- How are the many sons of God brought into being? How is Romans 1:3-4 the key to understanding this?
Message 54 DESIGNATION BY RESURRECTION
- Our designation to be God’s many sons is by resurrection. What does it mean to say that Christ is this resurrection?
- What the functions of resurrection? How can we daily experience resurrection?
Message 55 DESIGNATION BY THE SPIRIT OF HOLINESS
- What is the Divine title of the Spirit in Rom. 1:4 and why is it significant?
- What are the ten items that the Spirit as the realization of the Triune God is related to?
Message 56 DESIGNATION BY THE MINGLED SPIRIT
- What are the ten items of the richness of the Spirit?
- What is the key to the experience of Christ and the church life?
Message 57 RIGHTEOUSNESS – THE POWER OF THE GOSPEL
- Why is God’s righteousness the power of the gospel?
- Describe how righteousness is the foundation of our experience of Christ.
Message 58 THE SELECTION OF GRACE
- Explain the difference between selection, predestination, and calling.
- What should be our normal experience of God’s mercy in our daily life and church life?
Message 59 THE PRACTICE OF THE BODY LIFE
- Describe the proper condition of each part of our being in order for us to have the body life in a proper way.
- What items does Paul mention in Romans 14 that we need for the practice of the Body life?
Message 60 THE DISPENSATION OF THE TRIUNE GOD FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF HIS PURPOSE
- In Romans we can trace the steps of the Triune God in His economy to dispense Himself into man. List these steps and the appropriate verses.
- Which verses in Romans show us God’s dispensation and its goal?
Message 61 THE DISPENSATION OF THE TRIUNE GOD ACCORDING TO HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS THROUGH HIS HOLINESS, AND UNTO HIS GLORY
- How are righteousness, holiness, and glory related to death, resurrection, and ascension?
- Describe the subjective experience of righteousness, holiness, and glory.
Message 62 THE LIFE OF THETRIUNE GOD DISPENSED INTO THE TRIPARTITE MAN
- Which verses in Romans 8 show that God wants to dispense Himself as life into every part of our being?
- What is our need today in order to experience the dispensing of God as life?
Message 63 NOT AN EXCHANGED LIFE, BUT A GRAFTED LIFE
- How does seeing God’s creation of man in His image and likeness as a vessel to contain God help us to understand that we do not have an exchanged life but a grafted life?
- What three illustrations does Paul use in Romans to illustrate the dispensing of the divine life into us and what does each illustration show us?
Message 64 TRANSFORMATION AND CONFORMATION BY THE GRAFTED LIFE (1)
- What was necessary in order for the divine life and the human life to be grafted together?
- What is the function of the grafted life and how can we cooperate with it?
Message 65 TRANSFORMATION AND CONFORMATION BY THE GRAFTED LIFE (2)
- According to Romans 6:5, explain the two steps of our growth in Christ? Include how believing and being baptized cause us to grow.
- What are the five steps of the divine life’s metabolic working within us to transform and conform us and how can we give the divine life a freeway to do so?
Message 66 GOD CONDEMNING SIN IN THE FLESH
- What is the difference in the condemnation in Romans 8:1 and that in chapters 2 and 3 and how are we delivered from each?
- How did God deal with or condemn sin as a powerful, living person dwelling in our flesh? For what purpose?
Message 67 THE PROCESSED GOD BEING THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE
- How does Romans 8 show that the Triune God has been processed to become the law of the Spirit of life in us? How may we enjoy and cooperate with the working of this law?
- Which verses in Romans 8 show how the Triune God is imparting life to every part of our being that we may enjoy life in a threefold way?
Message 68 GOD CONDEMNING SIN IN THE FLESH THAT WE MAY BE IN THE SPIRIT
- Explain how walking according to spirit, being according to spirit and being in spirit are related?
- Explain according to Romans 8:9 how we can boldly say that we are in spirit?
Message 69 BEING IN THE SPIRIT TO EXPERIENCE THE WORK OF THE SPIRIT
- How can we stabilize our condition of being in spirit? How does declaring we are in the spirit help?
- What are the functions of the Spirit in Romans 8 and how can we enjoy them?
** These questions were originally compiled by the church in Irvine.